Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 56

hey everyone!

 

this week was transfer week so I got my new comp. I will get to that later.

 

Monday 9-8-14

 

so I am really bad with budgeting. to start the day I had like $13000 for the rest of the month. that is not good since I started with like 25000. I will have to try to survive off of that for the month haha. my food bill was the lowest its been since port Antonio so that's the good thing. now I might have to cut down on the soda..... maybe. we'll see haha. the only lesson that we had today was with sister Russell and we watched finding faith in Christ. its such a great movie haha. so not really that much happened today.

 

Tuesday 9-9-14

 

so transfers were moved to today for some reason. so that means that I was with elder phippen and kuehn for the day. but there was like no work done on my side of Santa today. we went up to one of their investigators, came in for lunch, and then basically had to go up to the church so that I could teach seminary. but right after seminary is when I got my new comp, Elder Danvers. he is from Spanish town, in the same ward that I served in too. he came on his mission like right as I got there but we have talked a lot. I am way excited to serve with him. by the time he showed up it was way late so I just let him unpack and settle in.

 

Wednesday 9-10-14

 

today was pretty good. we didn't really see a lot of people but it was still an effective day. we had district meeting in Junction today and that went really well. then when we came back we went and saw a few members for elder danvers to meet. we saw sister Russell, and kinda brother Dunkley and sister Dunkley. we also kinda saw sister Thomas and lisa. the good thing is that we were able to stay busy for the entire day. that's one thing that hasn't happened too much since I have been here. its good to see that tho. we also saw Mickailia today. she was struggling with her reading so we helped her with a schedule to put the time in to read. now the next part is to follow up on it all haha.

 

Thursday 9-11-14

 

we went and saw more members today. we saw sister Thomas right off the bat tho. we spent a good amount of time there. she gave me more revelation about what to do with Mickailia than I could ever ask for on my own haha. our focus now is gonna be on her getting a good relationship with her father and to listen to what he says. she is a typical teenager right now but as the church says, we need to be a "peculiar people". so that's what we're going to do haha. it should be really good. once that happens, then baptism wont be hard at all. we also did seminary today. I taught again to give elder danvers a small break. I feel so bad for my seminary teachers in the past haha. sometimes when they are talking I feel so bad cause its what I did back home. haha if only I learned a lot of things before my mission haha

 

Friday 9-12-14

 

today was super fun! first we had a lesson with Mickailia before Friday Night Activity. we were going to teach her about families/obey but she didn't read quite far enough so we read with her from the Book of Mormon. wish we woulda gone more but oh well. things happen. then friday night activities had a really great turn out. I think we had close to 15 or 20 people who showed up. it started out a bit rough but once people went and did their own things, it was really good. we had one group doing dominoes while another was doing football in the dark. then that group just moved onto Karaoke. having 3 teenage girls yelling isn't the best but it sure is funny haha. sometimes I wish I could go back to the good days like that. but I guess that right now are those days. going back home will be a strange thing in August but it will be great to see a new life. Jamaica has my heart tho. I wouldn't want to be in any other place in the world. I really cant wait to come back here as  a normal person haha. the people here are so great. the members and investigators really make you mission.

 

Saturday 9-13-14

 

we did a ton of biking around today. I think that we biked everywhere in our area. I guess only like 3 parts we didn't go but we had to have biked like 20 miles or more today. my legs hurt so bad from it haha. we did have a really cool experience today tho. we were going to see if one of our investigators was home in Longwood. right as we got to his house we got a call from a member of the branch. he called us with a referral. when we asked where she lived it ended up being on the street we lived on. when we asked what house, it was the house across the street from where we had stopped. it was such a great part of the spirit! we contacted the person right then and she even brought out her sister. they seem really solid. sometimes the spirit just leads you to do things and your not sure why, but you just go with it haha. santa cruz has really stepped up now. I think it is very slowly turning into my favorite area. of course every place is awesome haha. I need to stop keeping track of favorites. they always change all the time haha

 

Sunday 9-14-14

 

so now I have been out for 13 months. kinda sucks haha. I so wish that I could be here in santa for a long time and then just go back to Spanish town or port Antonio. I miss everywhere too much haha. today was pretty good tho. church went very well today. not anything crazy happened and that's always a good thing haha. we also got to see sister stone a bit. she didn't come to church so we just went to check her and then she ended up feeding us. man that food is so good! if I come home with an addiction to rice and peas and chicken, don't be surprised haha. then we went over to Mickailia and taught her about families/obedience. it was a pretty good lesson. with her being a typical teenager we were pretty straightforward with her. hopefully this will get her with more trust and building a good relationship with her dad. and big time hopes that that ends up happening soon. one cool thing is that she loves all of the church books that she gets. I gave her a preach my gospel and she had been going through it. she even kinda rebuked me for not telling her to do something in her prayers. she has progressed really far since I got here. whenever the day that she gets baptized is, its gonna be one of the greatest days ever!

 

 

so ya that's my week. it was a pretty good week. most of the lessons came on the last end of the week so it means that we can get in a lot of lessons. this last transfer I only had like 43 lessons so that needs to improve a lot. I have some high hopes for this transfer. the spirit is here in santa, we just have to follow it.

 

 

Big Up Yuhselves,

Elder Kurt Meacham

 

 

Scripture Thought

Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment